Thursday, January 10, 2013

Elusive Moose...

My obsession with moose began at summer camp in Craftsbury Common, Vermont.  I'm not really sure how it came about but my goal that summer was to see a moose.  My campers would mail me care packages after their sessions at camp had ended.  In one of my care packages, was a stuffed moose and a note stating something like, "...this is the only moose you'll see this summer..."  Although I hate to admit it, still to this day that camper was right- there was no moose sighting that summer.  Sure you see street signs for Moose Crossing but I've still yet to see a moose crossing the street.   





I know some may find the moose to be down right ugly but there's something about them.  Maybe it's just their elusive ways?  After seeing this:


 image, by Kevin Marple, in D Magazine

I started to wonder if I could do something similar, only with a faux moose head?  Currently, I'm brainstorming ways to make this happen.  After all, I have oyster plates that I collect.  I'd like to see them displayed.  I think the perfect solution is to "class" them up with a faux moose head.  



Then again, maybe I've seen one too many episodes of Duck Dynasty?  I'll be sure to take photos of this project, if I ever make my moose dreams a reality!  


No comments:

Post a Comment