Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Summer Wishes...

We have had rain for, what seems like, ages now in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  This evening, however, we're supposed to have a wintry mix.  You know, just to mix things up!   When I lived in the Northeast on snowy days, I would crank up the heat, and wear shorts and flip flops around my apartment.  Mind you, I would do that while watching movies with a summer theme.  Today, using some lemons and a few oranges from my parents' citrus trees, I made my own version of this recipe.  If you don't have basil on hand, you can always create your own flavored simple syrup.  I used rosemary and I was pleased with the results.  I know it's not quite spring or summer yet  but this helped me get through the day.  Bring on Summer, Mother Nature, you can keep your wintry mix!    









 

No comments:

Post a Comment