Wednesday, January 30, 2013

King Cake...

I'm not going to bore you with the details of what a King Cake is and its history.  I grew up in Jubail, Saudi Arabia and I grew up King Cake deprived!  Since I've been back in the States, I've tried to make up for lost time.  I have tasted and sampled lots of King Cakes: plain, filled, stuffed, Zulu...whatever, I've tried them all.  However, one day the Holy Grail of King Cakes showed up at my former job.  This Holy Grail, was homemade and it was filled with cream cheese and raspberry.  The King Cake, was perfect...super moist and fresh, not stale or overloaded with cinnamon.  Since then, no King Cake has ever compared to or even come close...until yesterday.  Yesterday, I decided to try my hand at making my own King Cake.  This recipe will be my go to from now own.  It was amazing!     


The Dough Resting...
Filling...Note to Self: Spread it next time!
Ready to Bake
Cooling...
Sugar Glaze...
King Cake!  

No comments:

Post a Comment